martes, septiembre 19, 2006

chicadecanela collection#4 School of Zakka

The new chicadecanela collection is inspired by one of my latests obsessions that you readers of my blog should know about: Zakka Style. It has been an inexhaustible source of inspiration and awe for me for the last year or so and it still is. This collection is a celebration of a 'natural' way of designing, of putting together a collection in the most handcrafted, handmade way possible, of being true to materials and shapes. Everything should be calm and sensible just like the pictures in zakka books tell us.
I have tried to keep my most original whilst moulding to the parameters that zakka style suggest: natural fabrics, as natural and unadulterated as possible; the entire collection is based in 100% linen fabrics gently bleached to achieve the checkered pattern. Natural notions: mother-of-pearl buttons, rope buttons, leather, antique brass pieces, écru lace.Slight use of color: just a hint of red to acentuate here and there. And handcrafted detail, like embroideries, crochet,...
If you let me i´d like to introduce pieces from my collection here in my blog. That way i could talk about then a little, how they were made, materials...We will start tomorrow with that, but before...


* * * * * * * * *
Look at the new chicadecanela handtags! I´m so happy with then i just can´t hide it :D

They are so round and thick and cute that i could eat then! I think they are lovely even on their own, they certainly have a presence.

This were printed to acompany the new collection, so they are kind of limited edition. You might guess that cherries are the new birdies for me. At least as long as this long winter in front of us lasts.

And they look gorgeous hanging from the bags and accessories from the collection.

* * * * * * * * *
What is Aki saying about chicadecanela? I hope it´s something good!


13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Me gusta todo, me encanta, y las cerezas.... para comerselas.

8:39 a. m.  
Blogger Anabel said...

Enhorabuena por todo! Qué maravilla de etiquetas! No me extraña que estés orgullosa:-)

11:50 a. m.  
Blogger Beatriz said...

Maja, llevo aquí parte de la mañana venga a contemplar la nueva colección :p Qué bonito todo!!!

12:28 p. m.  
Blogger macati said...

hi!
so many pretty things! I like the tags and this bag is very beautiful! bye, manela

4:31 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Como siempre tus creaciones son hermosas! Me encantan tu blog y tu tienda, ver estas cositas tan lindas me alegra el dia :)

5:10 p. m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gracias por vuestros comentarios. De verdad os agradezco las felicitaciones. ¡Es importante para mí!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10:35 p. m.  
Blogger little odd forest said...

once again, very very nice and delicate work! gorgeous tags to go with the gorgeous school collection, zakka inspired, but very chicadecalena ^_^

8:40 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I can't read everything but this is the basic gist of what Aki has said:
This cute doll's name is Cecile. It came from Spain. I received it from an artist I've been communicating with called Lucia (Niina: omg I can;t remeber your name how embarressing >_<). I was surprised that someone from Spain could see my little space on the internet. (I'm not so sure about the next sentence - something about what the internet is doing to the world...and then the rest is hard to read but says things about cute emotions and the fun of crafting is all around the world)

Hehe I'm a terrible translator!

11:12 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Woops and I was supposed to say I am so so so in love with your name bag! It is my dream come to life! But I am probbaly too poor to afford it ;_; And those tags are so lovely! Very simple idea but it just goes straight to your heart :D

I also love the catalogue. The approach is so homely and familiar. It makes me think of freshly baked bread, laughing innocent children and simple shift dresses...oh and lattes!

11:15 a. m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello cutie! Thanks so much for the translation! I didn´t expect anyone to be able to translate it. This was so sweet of you, you totally made my day (^.^)
And thanks for the compliments about my collection, i love how you describe it: freshly baked bread, lattes,...spot on! The 'Name' bag is my favorite too, i´m glad that you like it so much :)

(>.<) Cheers!

Lucia

3:13 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

ay ay...!!cada vez me soprendes más con tantas cosas lindas!!
Me fascinan los "tags" redondos, tienen presencia...
Ya me doy al paseo por el catálogo, estoy em medio de tantas cosas...sigo con mi paciencia....pero todo quedará muy lindo, concluyendo las cosas que enviaré. Luego con calma te envío un email, para contarte!
Rec.No me olvido de ti....(eres de mis personas favoritas)
un abrazo amiguilla :*
-Marjorie

6:35 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

qué buenas que están! me encantaron: delicadas, sutiles, muy buen diseño!!!

4:05 a. m.  
Blogger Natascha Rosenberg said...

Madre mia!! Qué bonito!! Me encantan los tonos de esta colección. Felicidades!

9:48 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home